Blog

The history

The Maso (the meaning of this word is: a little group of houses with an annexed little chapel in this case dedicated to Holy Mary) is very ancient because in a document of 1429 we discovered that it was occupied by the family of Federico dal Rover , “a Quercu”, and by Leonardo son of Michele dal Rover. The name comes obviously from the namesake plant and probably recalls the ancient wood which covered this hills and of which there are still traces in the wildest parts. It was bought by Teresa Kolz in Ranzi and then was sold, in 1893, to three families coming from San Lorenzo in Banale: Rigotti Anselmo and Cipriano and Bosetti Marco, great grandfather of the present owner. In 1907 this three families whose descendants still live there, rebuilt the little church..